BE-FLOW STANDARD (10 devices per box)
BE-Flow: is our most easy-to-use device dedicated to cell culture under flow. It allows the performance of long term 2D or 3D culture in two independent channels. BE-Flow is compatible with any microfluidic pump system and can be used simply with a rocker, thanks to its fluid reservoirs situated by the inlets/outlets. This is an optimal device for vascular research where shear stress plays a major role in gene expression.
945 in stock
Perform 2D culture experiments under flow controlling the mechanical shear stress on the cells in two independent channels.
Be-Flow device allows 2D culture on all the walls of the device: top, bottom, … (see technical note). Co-culture with two different cell types monolayer is also possible
Investigate the effect of circulating particles such as circulating tumor cells, immune system cells, bacteria, fungi, viruses and many more in a 2D culture.
BE-Flow is the ideal device to initiate a research in the effect of flow and mechanical stress on a cell culture. Some of most common applications are mechanical shear stress studies, interstitial flow on 3D cultures, rolling and adhesion or circulating particle experiments.
Vascular research: BE-flow has been designed for vascular research. Therefore, some of the most common applications of the BE-Flow device are related to this field of knowledge. Endothelial vascular cells as HUVEC or HAEC are influenced by several forces in the human body due to the blood flow. Using the BE-Flow it is possible to control precisely shear stress and transmural pressure at the same time. These forces play an important role in the gene expression of HUVEC cells and their proper development. In addition, these forces can be modified to a disease level to study phenomena such as thrombosis, atherosclerosis or rolling adhesion of circulating particles in the endothelial tissue.
- Easy to use: Be-Flow is compatible with any type of optical microscopy (confocal, fluorescence…) and its slide format has been chosen for easy handling under a microscope.
- Easy to connect: Be-Flow is compatible with all microfluidic flow control systems (syringe, peristaltic pumps, pressure control systems, rocker systems…).
- No unspecific absorption: Unlike in other PDMS devices, Be-Flow is made of lipophobic thermoplastic materials and does not present unspecific drug absorption issues.It allows inmunohistochemistry with fluorescent detection.
- Impermeability: These materials have a very low permeability to oxygen and water vapor, allowing precise control of those gases inside the microchannel by controlling their concentration in the culture medium and its flux.
- Cell recovery option: The cell cultures used in the Be-Flow can be easily recover for further experimentation.
How to video
We work daily to create the next generation of in vitro culture platforms.
+34 655 161 691
CEMINEM-Campus Río Ebro