BE-GRADIENT STANDARD BARRIER-FREE (10 devices per box)
BE-Gradient Barrier-Free is our device designed for electrochemical gradient application to 3D cell cultures and for creating barrier models. It is compatible with any type of optical microscopy (inverted phase contrast, confocal, fluorescence, etc). Be-Gradient consists of a cell culture chamber and two channels in direct contact with it. Changing the concentration of one element between the channels on both sides of the central chamber results in the creation of a chemical gradient of that element in the central chamber. For barrier and vasculature models, the lateral channels are meant to simulate blood vessels, where endothelial cells can be cultured.
993 in stock
1. Study cell/spheroid invasion and/or migration creating a chemotaxis stimulus. Seed the desired cell type with single cells dispersed or in an aggregate in a biomaterial where media of different compositions can be introduced through the lateral channels.
2. Build 3D ischaemia models by playing with cell density, flow conditions and nutrient & oxygen availability, taking in consideration the cell type metabolism. Seed the desired cell type embedded in a biomaterial while the cell culture media is perfused through the lateral channels.
3. Design angiogenesis and endothelization models by culturing endothelial in close contact with other important cell types such as fibroblasts. Seed endothelial cells in the lateral channels and/or in the chamber where the direct contact between chamber and channel will allow the development of vasculature-like network.
4. Explore blood-brain barrier models with the culture of neurons and glial cells seeded in the chamber while endothelial cells can be seeded in the lateral channels. Similar barrier models can be performed by varying the chosen cell type.
The BE-Gradient Barrier-Free is a chip designed for 3D culture where an electrochemical gradient can be achieved. This chemotaxis stimulus is useful for cell/spheroid invasion and migration studies. Ischaemia models can be also performed in this device, taking in consideration the cell type metabolism, cell density, flow conditions and nutrients & oxygen availability. Another important application of BE-Gradient Barrier-Free is barrier models, where different cell types can be co-cultured, using the lateral channels as endothelial cell culture compartments. Additionally, this cell type can be explored in this device for the development of angiogenesis and endothelization models.
- Easy to use: BE-Gradient Barrier-Free is compatible with any type of optical microscopy (confocal, fluorescence…) and its slide format has been chosen for easy handling under a microscope.
- Easy to connect: BE-Gradient Barrier-Free is compatible with all microfluidic flow control systems (syringe, peristaltic pumps, pressure control systems, rocker systems…).
- No unspecific absorption: Unlike in other PDMS devices, BE-Gradient Barrier-Free is made of lipophobic thermoplastic materials and does not present unspecific drug absorption issues. It allows immunohistochemistry with fluorescent detection.
- Impermeability: These materials have a very low permeability to oxygen and water vapor, allowing precise control of those gases inside the microchannel by controlling their concentration in the culture medium and its flux.