HIGH PRECISSION INDIVIDUAL FLOW SENSOR
A bidirectional microfluidic flow sensor interfaced with our software, allows for direct control or monitoring of flow rates. Available in five models with different flow-rate ranges.
What pressure range do you need for your applications?
A UNIQUE FLOW SENSOR FOR USE WITH ANY FLOW CONTROL SYSTEM
- High repeatability
- Tunable to your liquids
- Easy to set up and use
- Compatible with any flow controller
- From 7nL/min to 5mL/min
- Very precise flow sensor
Fluigent’s Flow Unit is a unique tool to easily monitor all the flow-rates in any microfluific system with the best precision and accuracy:
A micro heater provides a minimal amount of heat to the medium monitored (around 1°C)
Two temperature sensors, located on both sides of the heater, detect any temperature variation. The flow-rate is then calculated based on the spread of heat, which is directly related to the flow-rate.
The FLOW UNITS have been designed to be used close to the device with any type of flow controller from pressure regulators to syringe or peristaltic pumps to best suit to your application.
1. GET THE BEST PRECISION FOR VARIOUS FLOW-RATE RANGES
The different FLOW UNIT models offer an extensive choice of flow-rate ranges to best match your required precision, from 7nL/min to 5mL/min.
2. TUNE YOUR MEASUREMENTS FOR A LARGE ARRAY OF LIQUIDS
A scale factor can be added to your measurements when handling other fluids than the liquid for which the flow sensor is calibrated for. For organic solutions, a second calibration with isopropyl alcohol is built-in on the FLOW UNIT models S, M and L.
3. MONITOR YOUR EXPERIMENT AT ALL TIMES
Software AIO Screenshot
Flow-rate measurements (bidirectional) for all FLOW UNITS are displayed in FLUIGENT software. An additional function displays and records the dispensed volume for each FLOW UNIT. Flow-rates can be directly controlled with the MFCS™ Series and LineUP Series intruments using the DFC, “self-learning” flow rate control algorithm.
4. USE WITH ANY FLOW CONTROL SYSTEM WHEN YOU NEED IT
Flow unit picture
Any number of FLOW UNITS with any flow-rate range can be combined. A single hub, the FLOWBOARD, can host up to 8 FLOW UNITS and communicate with FLUIGENT software, which can communicate with up to 2 FLOWBOARDS.
Use FLOW-Sensors in your setup
Any number of FLOW Units and any flow-rate possible
Each FLOW UNIT has its own specifications as the FLOWBOARD, as shown in the charts below
The LineUP series modules are compatible with Fluigent’s newest software applications:
- The Fluigent All-in-One: Quickly monitor, control, and record data from all Fluigent instruments with ultra-fast datalogging and an integrated dashboard.
- Microfluidic Automation Tool: Easily automate time based protocols for pressure/flow as well as valve control. This provides an intuitive Drag&Drop user interface, TTL Triggers and advanced automation logic.
- Software Development Kit: Integrate the LineUp Flow EZ™ seamlessly in your existing application. Available in C++, Labview, Matlab, Python, etc.
Organ on a Chip technology consists on microfluidic cell culture chips that try to reproduce different physiological responses of organs on a lab.
+34 655 161 691
CEMINEM-Campus Río Ebro