The new 2-Switch™ is a compact and easy to use 3-port/2-way microfluidic bidirectional valve to sort/inject fluids. Using standard connectors it can be integrated to any microfluidic setup. Its unique design allows to stack multiple 2-Switches™ together to save space on your benchtop.
MAIN 2-SWITCH BENEFITS
The 2-Switch™ may be used as a manually-operated, stand-alone device or controlled by our software for long-term experiments. Its versatility makes it ideal for applications where fluid sorting, switching or periodic sampling is required such as fluid sorting and can be easily adapted into an on/off system.
MAIN 2-SWITCH BENEFITS
- Rapid setup and ease of use
- Compact design to reduce the size of your setup
- Chemically and biologically compatible for sample integrity
Sample generation and collection
In this application example, different concentrations of the molecule of interest are injected into the chip generating water in oil droplets containing various concentrations. The droplets are then sorted at the outlet of the chip using the M-SWITCHTM regarding their concentrations. Each step can be automated either by using Microfluidic Automation Tool (MAT) or partially with live control and monitoring using ESSTM Control dedicated software.
In this application example, up to 10 liquids (4 on the schematic) are selected sequentially to be delivered to the chip by the M-SWITCHTM. The samples at the outlet of the chip may also be sorted by using a 2-SWITCHTM either into a collection tube or to waste. Each step can be automated either by using Microfluidic Automation Tool (MAT) or partially with live control and monitoring using ESSTM Control dedicated software.
The ESS™ Control allows to visualize and control the M-SWITCH and other Fluigent valves position in real time. We have also developed many features to simplify routine experiments :
• Ability to record and log the positions of all devices during the experiment.
• Save a set of parameters as a configuration/method.
• Modular display of your devices: the main window can be contracted and expanded.
• Every control can be undocked and displayed in an individual and repositionable compact window.
• Customize the interface, such to include switch names and fluidic ports for ease of identification.
AUTOMATED PROTOCOLE WITH MAT
The Microfluidic Automation Tool (MAT) is an unique program for developing and running time-based experiments. Its drag and drop interface ensure an easy and rapid protocol creation. It allows Fluigent valve control and thier integration with other microfluidic devices. Combine any ESS platform device with MAT for:
• Benefiting from MAT functions such as repeat, if, wait until, … for the development of complex protocols
• Loading and saving protocols.
• Integrating any Fluigent instrument or other devices (requires TLL signal) in joint process.
Organ on a Chip technology consists on microfluidic cell culture chips that try to reproduce different physiological responses of organs on a lab.
+34 655 161 691
CEMINEM-Campus Río Ebro